Brenham Presbyterian Church

This fellowship was founded in 1877 by the Rev. Warner B. Riggs and a small group of charter members. Within three years there were more than fifty names on the church roll and a sanctuary had been erected on West Main Street.  Despite financial hardships that forced Brenham Presbyterian Church to close for eight years, the congregation continued to provide service and leadership to the community. The present sanctuary, erected in 1913 by the Fourth St. Methodist Church, has served the congregation since 1951.

Library entrance